This week at CES 2017, NETGEAR is introducing three new ReadyNAS ranges that they hope will convince small businesses and prosumers to upgrade to 10 GbE networking.
The new ReadyNAS Network Attached Storage (NAS) product family: RN420, RN520 and RN620 offers a selection of specifications to suit various budgets small(ish) and large. At the top of the tree you’ll find the ReadyNAS 620 series, available in a number storage configurations, including a diskless six bay model priced at $1,699 and an eight bay model at $1,999. It’s powered by an Intel Xeon processor D-1521 with dual 10 GbE ports and support for 120 users.
Meanwhile, the ReadyNAS 520 series houses the Intel Pentium Processor D1500 Series for Server, with support for 80 users. Available in four, six and eight bay configurations, the models also include 10 GbE support, with pricing starting at $899.99.
The NETGEAR ReadyNAS 420 series, available in two and four bay setups, is powered by the Intel Atom Processor C3338. This entry level series offers Gigabit Ethernet, rather than 10 GbE, with support for 40 users. The 420 series starts at $449.99 for the diskless, two-bay configuration.
All devices support a wide range of NAS features including:
- 5 levels of data protection: Complete, reliable and cost-effective protection for company files, databases, and virtual machines
- All-inclusive backup and recovery : NETGEAR ReadyDR™ is an on-schedule, automatic snapshot-based backup to a second ReadyNAS that enables businesses to recover and restore data from the latest backup, and quickly get back to business
- Intuitive and unified management app: Set up, monitor and manage ReadyNAS from the palm of your hand through the NETGEAR Insight app for iOS and Android™
- Seamless File Sharing: Unified storage platform for sharing files among Windows®, Mac®, and Linux®-based computers, and remote or cloud locations
- Secure Private Cloud: Access data from anywhere with NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD®, and select folders and files to share with partners, clients, or internal teams
All devices benefit from a 5-Year Limited Hardware Warranty, 5-Year Next Business Day Shipping for part replacement, and multiple support options.
The new NETGEAR ReadyNAS series will roll out globally over the next few months, with some models available immediately. ReadyNAS models 528X and 628X are available now, across the world. ReadyNAS 524X will be available in North America and Europe in January, and the rest of the world in Q1, 2017. ReadyNAS models 422, 424 will be available in Q1, 2017.