Meet the latest addition to the NETGEAR Arlo smart home security camera range – and it’s a cutie!
Hot on the heels of NETGEAR Arlo (see our review), Arlo Q and Arlo Pro, the new NETGEAR Arlo Baby looks set to cement the company’s rapid rise to the top of the consumer security camera market.
As the name belies, the $249.99 Arlo Baby is a compact, 1080p baby monitoring camera, with in a cute, nursery-friendly design. Alongside the ability to stream live video to a smartphone, TV, tablet or optional Arlo LCD monitor, Arlo Baby is packed with value-added features designed to support busy parents.
They include standard goodies such as night-vision, two-way audio, motion and sound alerts and cloud recording, of course. However, NETGEAR has built on the basics with temperature, humidity and an air sensor offering live reporting of the nursery environment (with seven-day reporting). Also included is a music player with a downloadable library of lullabies plus and a multicoloured LED night-light with remote control.
Arlo Baby features also include:
- 1080p HD Quality – Watch your baby in crystal clear HD video, day or night, from anywhere in the world.
- Advanced Night Vision – Near invisible infrared LED lights automatically switch on to let you see how your baby is sleeping from the mobile app even in total darkness.
- Two-way Audio – Listen in and talk to your baby straight from your smart phone from anywhere, even when away from home.
- Motion and Sound Alerts – Receive push notifications or email on your phone when your baby moves or makes a sound. Arlo Baby can even tell you if the sound is a baby crying.
- Rechargeable Battery – Move the camera freely around your home for wire-free monitoring of your baby using the integrated rechargeable battery.
- Temperature, Humidity and Air Sensor– Ensure your baby’s comfort with live reporting of nursery’s ambient conditions. Receive a push notification or email when anything is not in the desired range.
- Music Player – Soothe your baby to sleep or enjoy playtime each night with a collection of built-in lullabies. Find your favorite songs from a large selection available in the free Arlo music library.
- Night Light –To provide comfort to your baby or help guide you in a dark room, Arlo Baby is equipped with a multi-colored, dimmable LED night-light that can be managed remotely.
- Mobile Access – Watch over your baby from your smartphone, tablet, or PC, from anywhere.
- Direct Connect – When paired with the optional Arlo Baby 7-inch LCD display, Arlo Baby camera can stream live video directly to the display with its own secure and independent wireless connection.
- Free Cloud Recordings – Keep your precious moments with free rolling 7 days of secure cloud recording. More storage options and 24/7 continuous recording available.
Arlo Baby is powered by a rechargeable battery that will offer up to seven hours operation, according to NETGEAR. The lack of power cable means that the camera can be easily moved around the home as needed.
Accompanying the baby monitor in Q2 2017 is a range of optional accessories and variants. They’ll include the Arlo Baby Smart HD Monitoring Camera with 7” LCD Screen Display (ABC1000S) pack at a price of $349.99 and an Arlo Baby Stand offering an elevated viewing angle, priced at $34.99.
Best of all are a range of $19.99 Arlo Baby characters, which will allow mums and dads to transform the camera into a friendly kitten or a Dalmatian puppy. Tons of fun.
Expect to see the NETGEAR Arlo Baby monitor in stores later this year.