Audio specialist JBL has just announced a new wireless home speaker with integrated Google Chromecast support.
JBL Playlist offers a wide range of connectivity and streaming options, including old-school 3.5mm input and Bluetooth support. But the big news is its integrated Chromecast feature which allows the speaker to receive casts from music apps that support the feature. These include Spotify, Google Play Music and Pandora amongst others.
There’s also support for Google Home smart assistant – simply add the JBL Playlist as a connected speaker on Google Home – individually, or as part of a group, and you’ll be able to use voice commands to stream music to the speaker.
- With Chromecast built-in, just tap the Cast button from your favorite mobile music apps to instantly start playing on the speakers
- Play Spotify through your speakers, laptop and TV, using the Spotify app as a remote; use the “One Touch” Play feature on the Playlist speaker to play your favorite playlist instantly
- 24bit/96kHz High quality sound, powered by the cloud
- Dual band Wi-Fi connection network support
- Music playback via Bluetooth or 3.5mm input
JBL Playlist will be available in black, blue and white and should arrive in stores in the Spring, priced at $149.95. In the meantime, check out our reviews of the JBL Clip2 and Charge 3, plus the JBL Everest 100 Wireless Bluetooth In-Ear Earphones