We’ve previously featured GE’s Z-Wave and Bluetooth controls here at WGS. Today at CES 2017 in Las Vegas, manufacturer Jasco unveiled an updated range of Z Wave smart home controls, including new sensors, switches and wireless smart remotes.
The new $49.99 GE branded Z-Wave Portable Smart Multi Sensor is already available on the market. It offers a quick and easy method to signal lights to turn on and off based on occupancy and is ideal for rooms such as hallways, laundry rooms and garages.
It’ll be joined in Q2 2017 by the Portable Smart Multi Sensor (35211), a new controller that offers three functions. In addition to detecting movement, the Multi Sensor also monitors and responds to temperature levels and changes to ambient lighting.
Both sensors feature:
- 3 Sensitivity Levels—Reduce false trigger with adjustable sensitivity levels: low, medium and high.
- Detection Zone—Covers up to 180° range, up to 45-feet away.
- Two Power Options—Battery powered (up to 2-year battery life) or via Micro USB cable.
- Versatile and Portable Design—Tabletop position discreetly sits anywhere in your home. Optional Wall Mount positions motion sensors at any angle for an easy-to-install wall or ceiling mount.
- Requires a supported Z-Wave hub like SmartThings, Wink, Nexia, Trane, LG Smart Security, and Iris.
Meanwhile, a new range of GE-branded Z-Wave Wireless Smart Remotes will also be on show this year, that work with light bulbs, indoor and outdoor switches and dimmers all with or without a hub.
The controls offer toggling between predefined settings via buttons that react differently from single or multiple button presses, for various, pre-configured scenes. Battery powered, the switches can be installed easily without the need to rewire or replace existing lighting controls. You can install them under an existing wall plate or beside a current light switch using a multi-gang plate, for a neat finish.
The new range includes the following lines:
Z-Wave Smart Scene Remotes
- 1-Scene Remote (34172)
- 2-Scene Remote (34174)
- 4-Scene Remote (34176)
- Works with or without a Z-Wave hub
- Over 200 ft. range
Z-Wave Smart Hub Remotes
- 2-Button Hub Remote (34184) – Up to 12 programmable scene capabilities
- 4-Button Hub Remote (34186) – Up to 24 programmable scene capabilities
- Works with many Z-Wave compatible hubs
- Over 200 ft. range
Expect to see the new GE Z-Wave remotes in stores in Q2 2017.