Following our preview of the new Synology DSM 6.0 NAS platform a couple of weeks ago, the company has now made the beta release available.
Here’s what’s new:
- Virtualised DSM ensures agile IT deployment: With Docker DSM, businesses can create a multi-tenant environment with flexible resource control and secured isolation – all Docker DSMs run independently and do not interfere with each other. Virtual DSM offers the above advantages too, and additionally features live migration, allowing users to migrate virtualised DSMs from one Synology NAS to another without service interruption or reconfiguration.
- Robust data protection and disaster recovery: Snapshot & Replication allows users to replicate data from a primary site to one or more remote sites － up to every 5 minutes － delivering frequent data protection, while the quick failover guarantees the lowest Recovery Time Objective. With block-level incremental backup and cross-version deduplication, Synology’s multi-version backup drastically increases backup efficiency and reduces required storage, as well as supports a wide range of backup destinations.
- Reliable and efficient email solution: MailPlus Server comes with active-active architecture, load balancing, and content filters – providing businesses with maximised uptime, optimised performance, and secure email. MailPlus, the browser-based and mobile email client, features physical mailbox, virtual labels, auto-filter, and sticker, making mail management more efficient.
- Productive collaboration tools: The new Spreadsheet features co-editing, historical versions, tag, and file sharing link. Note Station supports offline editing, one-click email clipping, and instant table-chart conversion. DS note is now supported by Apple Watch, allowing users to check notes, or create notes via voice input right from their wrists.
- High performance and flexible file sync and backup: Cloud Station Server and Cloud Sync allow users to flexibly sync files within specific subfolders, in addition to shared folders. Small files are now syncing 8.7 times faster than before. Synology’s exclusive Intelliversioning algorithm brings a smarter way to keep the most relevant backup available and save storage. The new Cloud Station Backup provides users with a light-weight and real-time personal computer backup solution.
- Refreshing multimedia experience: Revamped Video Station supports offline transcoding, on-screen buttons, and Windows 10, bringing a more intuitive and streamlined user experience. DS audio on Apple Watch allows users to select songs, playlists and broadcast via their mobile devices.
Synology DSM 6.0 Beta is free to download for users who own a DiskStation or RackStation x11 series and onward.
You can download Synology DSM 6.0 beta at https://www.synology.com/dsm/6.0beta.