Experience Level: Medium
LDisk adds iSCSI Target Storage capability to your Server. Using LDisk, you can create a single appliance to provide all your storage and backup needs.
- iSCSI Target Storage
- IP SAN (Storage Area Network)- Block transfer
- iSCSI SAN interface over Ethernet
- Snapshot with schedules, revert, and convert to volume
- Fully protected data using SAN Volume duplication
- Supports all Internal or external drives
- Drive Extender for WHS 2011
- Storage Expansion through iSCSI for WHS 2011
v18.104.22.168 (25th June 2012)
- Enable users to start the trial when they want
- Increase the trial period to 2 months
- Read only access volumes
- Change “Connect/Disconnect” menu to “Access”
v22.214.171.124 (16th May 2012)
- Added an iSCSI initiator tab for Initiator management
- Added CHAP Authentication to provide additional security for iSCSI volumes
v126.96.36.199 (16th April 2012)
- VMWare-ESX MPIO support
- Added protection for Disk renaming. Disk renaming with older versions of LDisk is not supported.
Version 188.8.131.52 (9th April 2012)
- XEN Server iSCSI support
- Cosmetic changes in NAS+SAN tab
- VMWare/ESX iSCSI support
- Ability to change Disk names using properties menu to help with disk identification
- More user friendly iSCSI Expansion tab menus
- Mouse over text corrections for tabs and pie chart
- Initiator status now shows part of the initiator name when connected or logged in.
- Ability to widen or shorten the columns of all the tabs
- Improved Initiator Connect-Disconnect popup appearance
- New Licensing method (Web based activation)
- Inquiry command passes volume name to initiator. Easier identification of iSCSI disks in Initiator
- Automatic daily Configuration Backup
- Block 1G-Stripe volume creation
- iSCSI Performance tuning related to Windows-7
- Automatic software update notification
- Improved error recovery for Failed Disks
- Automatic detection of new disks
- Online Help updates
- Corrections in pie chart % calculations
v0.2.0.0.5 (27th December 2011)
- Progress bar for iSCSI Expansion tab
- Name changes: Snapspace management, Rescan Disks
- Added Max size to Volumes create popup
- More clear disk name, location, and status
- To correct disk Add when all disks were not initialized
- To correct mirror volume delete
- Better error handling after disk failures
- To correct GUI issues with no disks in the system
v0.2.0.0.4 (12th December 2011)
- Major improvement to Disk Pooling / Drive Extender. With this change, you can create one storage pool, and serve iSCSI or NAS volumes from the same storage pool. Only one disk is needed for both NAS and SAN volumes.
- Combining all LDisk tabs under one main Tab to simplifies use of the product.
v0.2.3 (23rd November 2011)
- Auto-refresh in iSCSI Tabs. That make your life a little easier that you do not have to click refresh moving around tabs. Auto-refresh for NAS tabs will be included in next release.
- A change related to Virtual Disks. Their behavior is listed in Note #5 in email below.
- A correction in capacity calculation in iSCSI volumes tab.
v0.1 (16th November 2011)
- Beta release